Saturday, September 19, 2009

D6 Last minute 5k race

I was planning to get in an easy 10 today and maybe do a long run Sunday but we had a 5k in the neighborhood that was a fund raiser for the local park. I decided that since I am a daily visitor of the park I could help support the cause. I ran the course as a warm up and it was a hilly one. So we toed the line at 10 am and began I was basically in 2nd place the entire race. The guy in first finished in 1620 and I finished in 1748. The 3rd place guy was about 45 seconds back of me. This ended up being a good effort run and I got in about 8 miles today with W/u and W/d.

My excuse for not winning this small and not very competitive race is the guy who won was a college student at Northeastern and I believe he runs for their team. I am pretty happy with the splits on the crazy hilly course though.

No comments:

Post a Comment