Tuesday, August 11, 2009

W16d2

W16 really, has it been 16 weeks. I keep losing track and forget which week I am on and have to revert back to ensure I put the right week #.
Today was the Tuesday meeting at the track. I considered running there but I wasn't sure how the 25 400's would go so I rode instead.
I love riding around this city. It is by far the most efficient mode of transportation and at 630 when the cars are stacked up I just fly by. It is very liberating. I am waiting for the day some jerk opens his/her door as I am riding by.
Back to the work out. Started with a 3 mile warm up. Was more like 3 miles at mgp though. The warm up over in 21 minutes then we were back on the rubber. The plan was to do 400m recover while someone else ran a 400 and continue when they finished. I'll just call it 400's with even recovery. This was to go on for an hour. My plan was to run 80-85 sec 400 for the first 15 then begin to speed up. All we t acording to plan. The majority of them were 83- 84, which was pretty easy. This was one of those workouts that you can make as hard as you wish. Looking back I should have been trying to run 80's. The last five were under 78 with the second to last one a 68 and the last one 72.
We ended the workout with a 7 min mile.
After running like that on the track it is hard to tell how fast you are going on the warm down.
I kind of wish I would have run to and home from the track to make he total miles higher.

Total 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment