Friday, August 21, 2009

Benchmarks

It is pretty obvious that their aren't any fat or even good distance runners. This is because it requires less energy to move something light around then something heavy. When I ran my past 3 marathons I was 180, 185 and 175. I was in considerably better shape during the last which is why I was 175 lbs. I don't have a real "goal" weight but I do have an ideal weight I should be if I am ready for Bay State around 165. I know my fitness is close to where it needs to be for the marathon I am in a fine tuning and maintaining stage now.
So, I have been observing my daily weights to see where I am. I was around 170 about 2 weeks ago. Then this week after about 4 days of responsible eating I noticed that my mid day and morning weight is 167lbs. This just shows the importance of diet when it comes to the details of training. Now, I don't follow a strict eating habit, but here forward I am going to make an effort to avoid excesses of crap food. Because the day is near and I don't want any excuses.

2 comments:

  1. dammit.
    your brother and I can't call you doughboy behnd your back anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but glad you're realizing the beauty of being light on your feet.

    ReplyDelete