Saturday, August 8, 2009

w15d6

For the past few weeks I have been settling for LR's around 17-18 miles if not less. Well I left the house determined to do nothing less than 20 miles. The weather was great low humidity and lower temps than the past few weeks. I certainly could tell that I haven't been in the 20 mile range in a while. I recognized the old familiar feeling that occurs around the 18 20 mile mark. Today it was a pretty uncomfortable feeling but that is where I was hoping to get during the run. Notice how I feel and tell myself to relax and keep moving.
At 19.5 miles I was at an intersection where I could have either gone straight home and called it a day at 20 but I decided to head on and make it a 22 mile run. What's 2 miles right? It was great to be at the 20 mile run mark again and get used to what things are going to be like on race day. Hopefully I can have another good long run next weekend.

22 miles, 735 avg pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment