Tuesday, December 8, 2009

roundandroundandroundwego

The warm up was brisk and over in 24 minutes, then a couple of easy laps around the track before we began the mile repeats. We were to do 4-5 mile repeats. We ended up doing 4. The paces were 538,536,528,526. We backed off of the last 600m of the last mile in an effort to stay under control, otherwise we were on pace for a 520 mile. We ran 400 m recovery for the first then 600m recovery for the rest. The intervals were challenging but we stayed under control for the most part and I felt like I had another gear at all times. We probably could have done a 5th but I was happy with the workout and like the idea of ending a workout feeling like I could do the workout again if I had to.
The intervals were followed by a not so slow cool down that lasted about 22 minutes.

On a weather note, we are supposed to get another snow tonight. I probably won't go to work if it is snowing and icy in the morning. What are they going to do, fire me?

No comments:

Post a Comment