Friday, December 11, 2009

Right where I am supposed to be..

Wednesday was an easy 65 minute run which went very well. Eventhough I was tight the morning after the track I felt quite well that evening during the run adn only cut it short from 85 minutes down to 65 because of lightning, cold and rain. Or maybe I was subconciously telling myself to take it easy.

Thursday I had this mid-morinng idea to do a 25-30 minute steady-state effort run. I thought this would be a great opportunity to get the gremlin off the shelf on which it so patiently reset and charges. It just sits there and gives me evil looks every time I leave it at home when I go out and run. So, after work I headed home and then ran to the Chestnut Hill reservoir, which is a 1.5 mile loop around, what else, but a reservoir near Boston College. The run there was 3.39 miles, I met one of the other GBTCers there who was just going to tag along as I did my SS effort, as this was meerly and LR pace for him. Nonetheless, I did 3 loops, at 620 pace. The effort was pretty even for all 3 laps, but I had to push to maintain the last lap. In all it was a good workout, and a break from the traditional TR mosey around town.

With the run home I'll call it 11 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment