Tuesday, July 14, 2009

w12d2

Tha track workout. This workout was quite enjoyable as in involved speed work and a bit of endurance. I could certainly tell those in the group who don't do much distance work. I did A 5 mile warm up to the Danehy track where I met up with the group who was finishing their warm up. First mile was 545 then we ran the 2.8 miles to the Harvard track did a mile there, 540, then ran another 2.7 miles to the MIT track for another mile 525. I ran to the house from MIT another 2.5 miles. My legs felt great during the 3rd track mile. At that point they were well warmed up and ready to go. Just goes to show that sometimes it takes more that we may think before we are really warmed up and loose.
I was pretty tired the last 2.5 miles especially since is was solo and I hadn't had any water for the entire workout. Their was supposed to be water at the MIT track but such was not the case. Oh well. I got home and slammed 24oz of endurox and a half gallon of water. Now it is time for a second plate of KRC (king ranch chicken) and rice.


Total miles ~ 15.5

2 comments:

  1. pretty solid mile splits. the work is already paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup..I felt it the next day though, maybe I went too hard.

    ReplyDelete