Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Race report.

The course was great for banking time in the first 3 miles which I did with 621,623,637. Then the hills started which resulted in 638,636,642. Got a bit of a break but at this point it was moral inventory time. The run has felt pretty easy to mile 5 at which point a side cramp set in and thing got tough. So by mile 6 I knew it was going to be one of those runs where you just suffer through the last 4 miles and I was OK with that. Miles 6-9 had some long stretches of inclines as is apparent from the splits 635,659,643. The last mile was a slight down hill which I was thrilled to see, 621.
I didn't get passed in 2 miles by anyone who I didn't end up passing in return during the last mile.

I give the effort and A but the time a B-. At the end of the day I am happy with the result. I am glad to be out of my fantasy land which I was apparently in when I wrote my race strategy post and back to reality.

Total miles 14

2 comments:

  1. Agreed, but you probably went out a little too aggressive. Be a bit more patient earlier, and you'll be able be stronger the 2nd half. Not that I have much room to talk...because going out a little fast seems to run in the family. ;-)

    ReplyDelete