Sunday, October 18, 2009

The day...

The official time is 2:56.08. BQ and the sub 3 hr. Don't want to over simplify it but all it took was training hard and racing hard.

Fueling, 6 thermolytes and 4 gels.

The race . Ran pretty even 647's for the first half. I had to continually back off of the pace between mile 8-13. I hit the 620 630 range a couple times, but not forore than 100m before I conciously backed off. Then, by mile 16 I just kept telling my self to stay focused and keep the hammer down. At the 30k point I decided to make it hurt. I have run a hard 8 miles before and this would be no different. The ole coach was right. I used my experiences from racing in the past to my benefit and as others were trying to hold on I was cranking out the 630ish miles. My fastest mile was mile 23(618). Slowest was mile 25 (652). I was in serious pain for the last 2 miles but that is how it is supposed to feel, if you aren't you left time on the course. I don't think I left any time out there.
Now, it is time to recover. The plan is to have fun running over winter, run some indoor to work on speed then begin training for Boston. I don't have a true goal time yet. I'll let the training dictate.

No comments:

Post a Comment