Friday, November 20, 2009

Bosotn race prep.

The votes are in and the 2010 NEW ENGLAND grand prix races have been selected. This will include 2 races before Boston. I am also planning to join the same team I ran with last year in the Texas Independence Relay on March 6&7. All of which should provide high quality opportunities to get ready for Boston.



-New Bedford Half Marathon, 13.1M, New Bedford MA, Sun., Mar 21, 11:00 AM

-Bedford Rotary Memorial 12K,12K , Bedford NH, Sat., May 22, 9:00 AM

-Rhody 5K (MEN ONLY) ,5K ,Lincoln RI , Sun., June 6, 9:30 AM

-Stowe 8 Miler, 8M, Stowe VT, Sun., July 18, 9:00 AM

-Bridge of Flowers 10K , 10K , Shelburne Falls MA, Sat., August 14, 9:00 AM

-Providence Ronald McDonald House Women's Classic (WOMEN ONLY), 5K, Providence RI, Sun, Oct. 3, 10:00 AM

2. The Marathon selected was the BayState Marathon, Lowell MA, Sun., Oct. 17, 8:00

3 comments:

  1. look at all those cute little races. When are you gonna step it up a notch and run an ultra on trails with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude an Ultra. That's just crazy. I've got the need for speed. I'll start hiking long distances on trails when I can't run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i getcha. i wanted big speeds back then. eventually i'll hit my sub 3 and that'll be all she wrote for me.
    whenever you're ready, i know a guy thaht finished top 5 at western states 100 this year, and just ran 1 min slower than you as a training run in the marathon you ran that lives up there. I'm sure he'd be happy to show you where to go, if you ever care to do some soul searching or your easy days. nothing like the forest to find your focus!

    ReplyDelete