Sunday, November 8, 2009

.and here comes our leader with, 400m to go.

I ran in the NE regional 10k XC race today. Personally I ran a PR for a 10k 37:42, so I'll take that. I don't think I am fully back from the marathon or at least i hope not considering the response I got from my legs.

The down side is as I was approaching the 8k mark which is the same place as the finish line, I heard the announcement that leader was coming around the corner. Their was no point in pushing it too much at this point. As he flew by me like I was walking I continued on. No one else lapped me though only the guy who won, if that is any consolation.
The results are not posted so I am not sure where I was in the overall standings.

I forgot how much short fast races hurt though and today was no exception. It may have been even worse because it was on an XC course.

No comments:

Post a Comment